Monday 27 April 2015

Saying Goodbye to Lucy

This weekend was a very sad one for us as our dear friend Jana made the heartbreaking decision to let LucytheLab go.  Lucy was thirteen and a half and had become weary and didn't want to eat, which is never good for a Lab! 


We were glad to have the chance to chat on Skype and see Lucy one last time before she and Jana said goodbye.  Through Wiggle and Lucy, Jana and I became friends and 3 years ago I was able to go and visit them in Seattle and I will never forget our lovely visit to Richmond Saltwater Beach in Shoreline where I got to see Lucy having fun, running in the sand and the sea and being her happy, smiley self:


We will miss Lucy so much and our thoughts are with Jana at this very sad time.

Sleep peacefully, Lucy, we loves you!

4 comments:

Ray and the Gang said...

***tears***

Unknown said...

Thank you, Wendy, for such a lovely tribute to my sweet girl. I feel so lost right now without her as she was always with me, following me everywhere. But I know she's well and happy and smiling up in heaven, and that is a comfort.

Love, Lucy's mom Jana

FerFer1958 said...

Wiggle and Lucy were the biggest doggy love on twitter World. I will miss their immense love they wrote about here. My only thought is that she couldn't have been love more than she was. That being said I'm going to tell right now to Preciosa (my cat) how much I love her...

Thomas Archer said...

*soft paw* Wiggle and Lucy's romance was the first I followed on Twitter. I could see that their love for each other was deep and true. We know the heartbreak they are going through right now, and put our arms and paws around both families, sending much love and many face licks from Thomas & Keely and their families xxx